CityCentre adding more coworking space, other tenants and pop-ups this year
Houston Business Journal
CityCentre is getting a handful of new tenants.
Notably, Life Time Inc. opened its 25,000-square-foot coworking location on May 9. In 2018, the company announced it would be expanding its Life Time Work concept to CityCentre Five, later revealing that the site would open in May.
Now, another coworking concept and several other newcomers are expected to open this year in the mixed-use district near the southeast corner of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8. According to a press release, there are six other tenants and pop-ups joining Life Time Work:
- Brahmin, a Fairhaven, Massachusetts-based producer of leather handbags, wallets and other accessories, will open in August. This will be the company’s seventh U.S. and first Houston location. The 1,000-square-foot shop was represented by Brad Downs of the Auber Group, while Lilly and Blair Goldenof Evergreen Commercial Real Estate represented Houston-based Midway, which owns CityCentre.
- City Bank moved its only Houston location to CityCentre May 6. The Lubbock, Texas-based bank occupies less than 4,000 square feet in CityCentre Five at 825 Town & Country Lane.
- Fuse Dynamic Workspace began construction this month. The Texas-based coworking space will feature 95 offices, a coworking café and lounge plus desks and conference space for up to 100 people.
- Pop-Up Shop, created by retail consulting company I Speak Boutique, is located on Town & Country Blvd. between Madewell and PaperSource. It will showcase 21 local artisans and other creators as they sell pet-related goods from May 1 to Aug. 31.
- State Line & Friends, another pop-up, opened on April 19 next to Cyclone Anaya’s. The pop-up will feature goods from State Line Designs, an apparel company, along with goods such as candles from Nomadic Home + Co; kimonos and other apparel from A Leap of Style; and handbags, jewelry and other accessories from Dae & Night Boutique. All the businesses are women-owned.
- Tiff’s Treats will open its 11th Houston store across from Fellini Gelato & Caffe. The 1,430-square-foot space is estimated to open fall 2019. Jonathan Probst of The Retail Connection represented Tiff’s Treats, while Midway was represented by Lilly and Blair Golden of Evergreen Commercial Real Estate.
“CityCentre is an exciting, innovative place that continues to evolve to serve our dynamic community,” Suzanne Weatherall, senior vice president of leasing for Midway, said in the release. “We are selective about each brand we bring into the development.”
By Laura Gillespie – Reporter, Houston Business Journal
May 16, 2019, 9:47am EDT